The Playable Stories Archive is a curated guide for teachers and researchers (primarily in literary studies) who are interested in incorporating interactive digital stories in post-secondary curricula and scholarship.
Jason Boyd, General Editor and Contributing Writer
Jeremy Andriano, Contributing Writer
Kevin Gouchandra, Contributing Writer
Works (Alphabetical by Title)
- 80 Days: A progressive steampunk adaptation of Jules Verne’s novel, with multiple routes and stories around the globe.
- Dave Morris’ Frankenstein:
- DEVICE 6: A stylish retro-techno-thriller in the form of a playable novella for iOS (iPhone/iPad).
- Firewatch: A mystery adventure and exploration of human relationships, set in Shoshone National Forest in Wyoming.
- Gone Home:
- Hades: Adapted from Greek mythology, this dungeon crawler focuses on the attempts of Zagreus, son of Hades, to escape the underworld.
- Overboard!: A 1930s murder-mystery set on a ship crossing the Atlantic–and you are the murderer.
- Oxenfree: A supernatural mystery/horror adventure involving a group on teenagers stranded overnight on a deserted island.
- The Return of the Obra Dinn: A nautical mystery set in the nineteenth century, with elements of fantasy.
- Tacoma: An exploration of a space station that reveals details about the everyday lives of the crew and why they evacuated.